Sunday, December 5, 2010

Letters from Felix: A Little Rabbit on a World Tour by Annette Langen


Letters from Felix: A Little Rabbit on a World Tour by Annette Langen
Published by Abbeville Press: 1994
Picture Book

Summary:
Felix is the beloved stuffed rabbit of Sophie. While in the airport Sophie loses Felix and is worried she will never see him again. Soon after Sophie received a letter from her beloved Felix – he is in London! Felix is trying to make his way back home. While on his journey Felix visits London, Paris, Rome, Cairo, Kenya, and New York. Felix sends Sophie a letter from each location keeping Sophie updated on his journey home.

Response:
I absolutely adored this story. The one thing I loved about this story was how the book contained actual letters from Felix! A little message from Felix would be tucked inside an envelope attached to the story page. You actually got to read Felix’s letter! I thought this was very neat and really engaging. It adds another element to the story that I feel many readers will enjoy. Though a globetrotting rabbit is not very realistic, it is a super fun story and contains some fun basic facts about the places Felix visits. I would recommend this story for children in grades one to three.

For the Reader:
The book does contain removable parts – the letters. There is the possibility for these to get lost or destroyed and that would greatly affect the telling of the story. Make sure your book has all of its parts and that young readers put everything back when they are done for the next reader to enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. This was one of my childhood favorites! I blame Felix for the fact that I periodically feel the urge to go gallivanting through Europe, even though I'm at the point in my life where I won't be traveling again for a long time...

    ReplyDelete